Hackney Labour Party has organised a special debate on Education Policy.
This is taking place on Monday 4th November from 7.30pm at the Prince Pub (upstairs function room), 59 Kynaston Road, N16 0EB. Please come along and share your views!
- Cllr. Rita Krishna, Cabinet member for children and young people, Hackney
- Henry Stewart, Chair of governors, Stoke Newington School, Local Schools Network, www.localschoolsnetwork.org.uk
- Eddie Playfair, Socialist Educational Association
Issues for debate:
- What do we mean by a 'good education' and how can we ensure all children have access to it?
- What should we do about Academies and Free Schools?
- What should be the role of the local authority?
Pre-booking is not required - you can just turn up on the night. However, it is helpful for us to have an indication of how many people to expect so if you are intending to come, please let us know: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The meeting is open to all Labour Party members and supporters.