Hackney North and Stoke Newington Labour Party
London’s Housing Crisis
What should Labour’s response be?
Tuesday 25th February, 7:30 pm
Abney Hall, Church Street, N16 0AS
Tom Copley AM - Labour London Assembly spokesperson on Housing
Cllr Phil Glanville - Hackney Cabinet Member (Housing), Local Councillor
Owen Jones - Columnist for 'The Independent' newspaper and author
Rosie Walker - DIGS (private renters’ campaign group)
John Calderon - former sec. Hackney Tenants Convention
Hackney residents are facing a housing crisis
- Rents rising by more than 10% a year
- The average renter in Hackney pays 55% of their income straight to their landlord.
- The average cost of a house in Hackney is £500,000 - impossible for most residents to afford to own a home.
- The Bedroom Tax has affected more than 4,000 Hackney residents
- House building is at its lowest level since 1924.
How should Labour respond?
Support the campaign: #ToryHousingCrisis