Philip Glanville is Labour’s candidate in the by-election for Mayor of Hackney, Thursday 15th September.
Following the resignation of current Mayor of Hackney Jules Pipe, Hackney Labour have selected Philip Glanville as Labour’s candidate to contest the by-election. Philip has a wealth of experience as a local councillor in Hoxton West for ten years, Cabinet Member for Housing for the last six years and now Deputy Mayor. His vision for Hackney is one that is both innovative and achievable and aims to build a better, fairer, more sustainable borough.
Tackle the housing crisis
- Double the number of council homes built from 2018
- Work with Sadiq Khan to build 500 homes at London Living Rent
- Campaign for a more affordable private rented sector
- Better support for homeless families, continue to improve housing services and campaign for more suitable housing for older people
Fight to protect frontline services
- Continue to campaign to save our NHS from privatisation, and fight against the downgrading of the Homerton
- Defend our schools from Tory cuts and reorganisation
More support for families in Hackney
- Build the new school places we need and fight to protect our youth services from Tory cuts
- Create a Hackney childcare bursary to increase provision and affordability of local childcare
- Establish a programme of inspirational young leaders and mentors in our school and ensure young people have the right mental health and wellbeing support they need
- Support volunteering and community involvement through a new Active Hackney Network
Increase opportunities for local people
- Ensure local people get access to the best jobs, training and apprenticeships
- Create a Mayor’s small business forum and a Hackney London Wage Accreditation Scheme
- Campaign for better public transport and ensure projects like Crossrail 2 work for local people
Create a more sustainable Hackney
- Ensure Hackney continues to be the most innovative cycling borough in London
- Tackle pollution near our schools and town centres
- Cut fuel poverty and increase the number of renewable and community energy schemes in Hackney
We will be out campaigning for Phil across Hackney until polling day – Sign up for a campaign session using our events page.
What you think about living in Hackney is important so if you have any thoughts, issues or concerns please get in touch.
Thanks for your continued support