Request a Postal Vote application form
On May 6th there will be elections for the London Mayor and Assembly, as well as council by-elections in four wards in Hackney – Kings Park, Hoxton East & Shoreditch, Woodberry Down and Stamford Hill West.
If you want to ensure that you can vote safely this May and at your convenience, a Postal Vote means you can vote by post from home.
Your postal vote will be delivered to your door a couple of weeks before Polling Day. You just need to fill it in and send it back to the council at your convenience, as long as it arrives before Polling Day.
Love voting in person? Postal Votes can still be brought in to your normal Polling Station on election day and you can put it in the ballot box yourself.
HOW IT WORKS:
– You must be registered to vote before applying for a postal vote. To check if you’re registered to vote or to register online go to https://hackney.gov.uk/registering-to-vote or call Hackney council on 020 8356 3232.
– If you’re registered to vote you can apply for a postal vote. This cannot be done online as the council needs a copy of your signature to verify your vote.
– You can download the form from the electoral commission at https://www.electoralcommission.org.uk/i-am-a/voter/voting-person-post-or-proxy/voting-post
– Print it, fill it in and return it to Hackney council (see address below)
– Alternatively, we can email you or post you the form if you fill in your details below, you just need to make sure you send it back to the council
COMPLETED FORMS SHOULD BE RETURNED TO:
Electoral Registration and Elections Office
Hackney Town Hall